Wednesday, May 21, 2014

eComm Magazine Cover

To me, eComm is art on the internet. A way anyone in the world can look at your artwork. That's why I joined eComm.
I kept the edges shaded over because to me, I still have a lot to learn. The center is lightened more because that's what I do know. In the center I put words that barely scrape the surface of what I can put into words. The texture in the back is of a brush that I slashed around the page, it's of all the projects that I've created and of the works that we all have done. This is one of the best projects I've done that I'm actually pleased on how well it turned out. No overbearing guide lines or "creative borders" that I've hated from the very first day.
The 6 blue names on top are the teachers.

Video- I didn't go into this strand mainly because I wasn't good at it. Allam and Morris teach Video class and it breaks into 2 different strands. Broadcasting and Entertainment. Broadcasting deals with the school news while entertainment dealt with the Katy Perry music video for "Roar".

Web Design- I dabbled in web design last year because it was a requirement, and I wasn't really fond of it either. It's taught by Olson. Web design you create websites for small companies and yourself.

Animation- I chose this as my second eComm class. It's taught by Netterville. In animation you create 3D models and animate them or add special effects to videos like fire or glass orbs containing something inside. I am fairly good in this.

Graphic Design- The main eComm branch I went into. We create posters, magazine cover, and other things as well. Its taught by Lofquist as the main teacher, and Revelle and Olson teach the freshmen enrolled in e9 a little graphic design. The image above is the result of my time in this eComm branch created in both Photoshop and Illustrator.

1 comment:

  1. Very artistic. I like the way the descriptions for each strand start to blend as they wrap around the corner. There is also a lot of depth in this image with the dramatic lighting effect. That being said, Visually I have trouble entering the space to read the description becasue the line of vision is being blocked by the two vertical eComm (btw I believe that "c" needs to be a capitol). Great ideas !

    ReplyDelete